Thursday, January 28, 2010

Welcome to my blog!

I am excited to announce I am participating in the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon on June 6, 2010 with Team in Training. I will be running a half marathon (13 miles!) and raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in the fight against blood cancers!

My friend Steve introduced me to Team in Training, and I've been grateful every since. I have never run a half marathon before, so I need all the help I can get.

There are so many reasons I'm excited to be a part of Team in Training (TNT), but here are my top 5:

1. The Cause!!! I am running for those who are battling against serious diseases and raising money for a worthy cause. I am doing this because other's cannot. I can't wait to meet my "Honored Teammate" - who I will be running for in support of their fight against cancer.

2. Getting in shape! It's a new decade, and I want to concentrate more on my health. It's time to get rid of the "Newlywed 9"! TNT tells me what to do to be successful, and I plan to listen.

3. The support and excitement of TNT. I signed up last Saturday, and I have already met so many people who have encouraged me in my goals. I have a great mentor, and look forward to our first group run. If you want to surround yourself with positive people, I suggest joining TNT! I don't have to do this alone, they tell me what to do! I have no doubt many friends will come out of this experience. Clint jokes "you have gone to two meetings, and two parties for these people, do you guys actually run?" haha...check in to see how I feel after Saturday!

4. The shoe clinic! I love a good excuse to shop, and I'm looking forward to February 6th when I can outfit my feet properly :) This is just one of the many clinics I will participate to learn more about running, fitness, nutrition, fundraising, etc....

5. Crossing the finish line on June 6th...I can't wait to be a part of that day and have the fulfillment of completing my goal.

Training starts this Saturday, and I'm so anxious to start working towards the finish line! Please check in with me over the next five months, and join me in this journey. I cannot do it alone and I look forward to sharing my experience with you.
I need your support - when you see me, ask me how training is going. Remind me I can do this. And don't forget to donate to a great cause!

I'll check in with you after our first workout on Saturday!


No comments:

Post a Comment