Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Survived my first Saturday Session!


Today I ran 2 miles in preparation for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon!

This morning, we kicked off our first training session at 8:00am. I can officially say I've started training for a half marathon, and am on my way to raising money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

After saying hello to my mentor and fellow teammates and receiving some good information from the Team In Training crew, we started stretching and were off on our first run in Kearny Mesa. The coolest thing about this program is they cater it to everyone and anyone's needs. Today participants ran anywhere from 2 to 6 miles, and at different paces.
I decided to start with the easiest level, and am glad I did. A bunch of us ran together and would run for 3 minutes, and walk for 2 minutes.
This pace worked well because I was never faced with the symptom I had been dreading since I signed up: itchy legs from not enough blood circulation in my legs. This happens to me every time I take a hiatus from exercising!

Today was a good start, but next week I think I can challenge myself a little more and complete 3 miles. That will be my goal and what I work toward during the week.

After the run I was able to turn in a copy of my website for my very own Team In Training T-shirt! (Modeled in the picture above) Who doesn't love prizes!

I also enjoyed a fabulous post-run breakfast with my mentor JP and our team! We went to Brian's to celebrate the start of the season. There is great motivation in doing this with others who are just starting out, and I look forward to many more group activities in the future!

If you haven't received an email from me yet, please visit my Team in Training website:

Make a donation in support of the fight against blood cancers. The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, myself, and all of those fighting against the disease thank you!


1 comment:

  1. Yay sister!! I'm so proud of you! I guess this means I should run two miles tomorrow too! I'm still looking for a running coach in LA, so keep blogging about your work outs until I get one!

    I'm so proud of you doing this half marathon and running to raise money for the cause! Love you sis! Thanks for being so wonderful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete