Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cross Training

Today was a cross training day on our training schedule. I chose to swim for 20 minutes (the suggested time) because we have a great lap pool and I do like being in the water. It may sound like an easy day - but I've learned that swimming is tiring for me, especially when most of my life I've counted "swimming" as floating on a raft, or doggy paddling around the shallow end.
Figuring out when and how to breathe between my strokes is a challenge, but I am hoping to improve on this. Clint gave me a good "easy exercise" to do. His definition of easy is of course different from me, being a past lifeguard and water polo player.
I'm now making Sundays my official swim days. If nothing else, it will be weekly reminder that I'm grateful I'm not participating in a triathlon!

No comments:

Post a Comment