Monday, February 1, 2010

Work Day Workouts

My biggest worry in keeping to my training schedule was working out during the week. If it was easy to exercise after working an eight hour day, I would
have been doing it for years! Luckily, now I have a goal, a cause and other people to keep me accountable.

Here is a mid-week review of my training:

Monday -
On Monday I ran/walked for 35 minutes in preparation for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon!
I decided my best bet for Monday was to take off from work and get my workout in before even going home. I ran about 4 to 5 minutes at a time, taking short walk breaks in between. It's hard not to want to overdue it because so far it feels good to ru
n, but I know I have plenty of time and plenty of miles ahead of me so I'm following the training guidelines as best I can, with an extra push every now and then!

Tuesday -
On Tuesday I rested in preparation for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon!
Tuesday is our off day, or we can choose to do cross training for 20 minutes. I went ahead and took the day off, I have plenty of training in that.

Wednesday -
Today I ran/walked for 35 minutes (and clocked 2.5 miles) in preparation for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon!
I have a workout partner booked for every Wednesday night...Clint! He's great at keeping me accountable and working towards his own workout goals.
We went to our gym and used the treadmills. Unfortunately, everyone is either training for a marathon or still on their New Year's resolution kicks because we watched outside for 45 minutes, waiting for someone to leave the treadmills. Some may call it stalking, we call it commitment. We do have plans to run outside the gym once Daylight Savings Time kicks in!

I can comfortably run 5 to 6 minutes between 2 minute walking breaks - meaning I could carry on a conversation while running.
Thanks Clint for keeping me on track, and thanks for the donations - What a Guy!



1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    Great way to get fit while helping those that, due to illness, can't. Keep up the good work.
    Roxanne

    ReplyDelete