Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bake Sale

This past week, I had a bake sale at my dad's office to boost my fundraising.  My mentor gave us a special challenge this week, and I thought the timing was good, seeing as Valentine's Week was upon us.
I only had a couple of hours to put together some goodies.  I made some cupcakes (always a good stand by!), and I made a new tasty treat - Oreo Rice Krispie Treats. I can't take credit for the Oreo Rice Krispie Treats, I got the idea from my friend Mimi's blog.  If you are ever looking for great new recipes visit her blog:
http://mimis-kitchen.blogspot.com/.  Even if you are not a baker, you will satisfy your hunger from her amazing photos!


I am happy to say I made $80 from the Bake Sale, and I now am 30% towards completing my fundraising goal!  I definitely look forward to another bake sale in the future - and will make sure I have even more time to supply a variety of treats to my customers!

Thank you to all of those who supported my bake sale and purchased some treats for their Valentines.  
Thank you to Mimi for a fresh spin on a favorite treat.  
And thank you to Mom and Dad for organizing the sale when I was at work.

The following is a reminder that a few dollars go a long way in the fight against blood cancer.
Any donation makes a difference and here are some of the ways in which your money will change the lives of Leukemia & Lymphoma patients. 

A donation of $25 provides patients and their loved ones with FREE booklets that contain up-to-date information on their disease and help them make informed decisions about their treatment options. 

A donation of $50 makes possible a Family Support group with a trained facilitator where comfort can be found and experiences can be shared among patients and family members.

A donation of $100 helps supply laboratory researchers with supplies and materials critical to carrying out their search for cures.


No comments:

Post a Comment