Sunday, February 14, 2010

Saturday Run on my own...

Saturday I ran/walked 3 miles in Preparation for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon!


Saturday was another long day scheduled for work.  We had an event at the ballpark, so I was not able to make it to our team run at Fanuel Park.  I missed seeing all my teammates and sharing in that excitement of why we are all working towards the same goal.  Nothing motivates you more than hearing someone tell you a story about a loved one who is fighting blood cancer.  This is the best reminder of why we are raising money, and why we are lucky we can train to run a marathon.


I am happy to say I have reached my first milestone in fundraising - 
I'm 25% of the way to my goal.  Since I was not at Saturday's session, I look forward to receiving our 25% incentive next week - Team in Training Running Socks!

Missing the morning session wasn't going to mean I missed my run.  After a long, but wonderful day at work I laced up my shoes and went for a 3 mile run.  I decided to complete my run before I even went home, because I knew once I sat down - that would be the end of me!  We have learned that the perimeter of the ballpark (including the park and it's surrounding businesses) is .75 miles, so I did four laps around to complete my 3 miles.  I was able to jog most of it, stopping only once around each time for a one to two minute walk.  
Saturday's run was such an accomplishment.  I was able to still complete my workout on my own, - and I have not missed a scheduled goal to this day!  I was amazed at the adrenaline I had after a long day on my feet.
I look forward to joining my teammates again next Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment