Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week in Review

This week has really been busy, so I apologize for not blogging sooner!  Luckily as busy as it was, I was still able to stay on track with all of my workouts.  Here is a re-cap of my week:


Today I ran/walked 35 minutes in preparation for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon!
Tonight was gym night and I completed 35 minutes on the treadmill.  I ran for six minutes, and walked for two minutes in between.  This has been a good comfortable pace for me so far.  I believe this is the last week that our workouts are centered around time.  Next week I will be reporting my mileage faithfully!
Today I also enjoyed an hour massage, and it really made my aches and pains feel better.  (Especially my crazy knee that keeps popping and my lower back that now hurts when I wear high heels).  I'm definitely going to have to go back to regularly scheduled massages, for the good of training of course!  And I might need to invest in more flats for work.


Tuesday I rested in preparation for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon!
These days only come twice a week, and are welcomed!  

Monday I ran/walked with my Team in Training Teammates in preparation for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon!
Every Monday a group meets in PB for a run.  This run will eventually turn into a hill run (that's promised to be the most beautiful run in San Diego), but for now we run along the boardwalk.  I jogged and walked with Nina and Steve...and I am not sure how far we went, but know we met our 30 minute workout challenge.   It's always fun being with a group...especially when you are working towards the same goal.  And an extra bonus...at the end of the run Clint was waiting for me to say hello.  He of course could spot me because of my neon shorts.


Sunday I did 20 minutes of cross-training in preparation for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon!

So Sunday was my proclaimed swimming day, but of course this week the pool's heating system is being worked on so I wasn't able to use it.  Instead, I snuck up to the gym during halftime of the Super Bowl and I did 20 minutes on the elliptical machine.  I have always enjoyed doing the elliptical and think it's a great workout.  This game my knee a much needed rest from Sunday's run.  

Thanks for checking in on my workouts.  More blogs and exciting stuff to share in the next couple of days!

1 comment: