Sunday, March 7, 2010

Out of Commission

If any of you have wondered about my workouts this week, or why I have gone missing on my blog - I've unfortunately been very sick this week.  It started on Tuesday with a high fever and chills, and I have since gone through a plethora of symptoms including headaches, sore throat, missing voice, etc.  I'm disappointed that after a weekend of rest, I'm about to start another week still feeling about 60%.
Besides not feeling good, I've been very upset at not being able to train.  If you would have asked me a couple of months ago if I would be disappointed to miss an opportunity to run five miles, I probably would've had a different answer, but I've become a different person since starting TNT and have a new goal to fulfill.
Unfortunately, today I missed the Union Tribune's Race for Literacy.  I was looking forward to this 8K because I really wanted to feel what it would be like on race day.  As much as I wanted to go "no matter how I felt", I took the advice of my body (and about everyone I asked) and knew it wouldn't be a good idea.  I guess race day will remain a mystery until June 6th (or the next 8K that comes around!).

My teammates and I can learn a good lesson from our personal health hiccups and training roadblocks:
We are very lucky to be healthy enough most of the time to take on this challenge, and there are many people who do not have that opportunity to train for a half or full marathon.  I know I will get better, but those battling leukemia or lymphoma do not...unless we continue to work towards finding the best treatments and cures!

So forgive me for the hiatus in blogging.  I will forego tomorrow's Hill Run and hopefully be better by midweek, but will try to keep you posted on all other latest and greatest news in prep for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon!

1 comment:

  1. Feel better my dear. I'm sorry I missed you this weekend, but your health is way more important! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete