Monday, March 1, 2010

The Hills: Episode Two

Tonight I ran 4 miles in Preparation for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon!


Tonight was my second hill run and I was looking forward to it.  It's a good way to start off the week, and if I can accomplish the hill run, I feel like the rest of the week is a piece of cake.


Tonight ended up being harder than last week.  The first part of the run is so hard to get through.  My breathing was so incredibly hard, and there is no easing into the hills - they are waiting for us immediately as we start running.  But then - there is always a point in the run where I know the worst part is behind me, and I can feel the end is in sight.  Thank goodness I was surrounded by teammates who not only encourage me to go on, but show me the way (literally - it is so dark that I couldn't even remember it from last week!)


The last part of the run before we head down hills is when we meet up at "The Three Sisters" - a grouping of three culdesacs.  My running partners and I decided to pick one again - but a different culdesac than last week.  This week proved to be more steep, and would rate last week's choice as my preferred culdesac so far.  In a couple of months, I'll be running all three - hopefully with some ease!


I feel good about my run tonight - and hope next week proves to get easier.  One thing is for sure - I am always proud that I show up, and that I'm running for a great cause!  


It's time to get my reality TV fix for the evening as I settle down and watch the finale of the Bachelor!
Stay tuned for next week's Episode of "The Hills"...

No comments:

Post a Comment