Sunday, February 21, 2010

A month of training...completed!

Today I cross trained for 30 minutes in Preparation for the Rock 'N' Roll Marathon!


Today was a cross training day, and unfortunately the pool heater still isn't working!  I went back to my old friend the elliptical.  I worked out for 30 minutes, and felt like I had really good energy, even after yesterday's run.  I now see the point of cross training.  My legs got a great workout, but feel stretched out - not sore, and my knee benefits from the break.  It's also a nice distraction, so I can look forward to running again on Monday.


Today also marks the last day on our training calendar in our first month of training!  It's hard to believe it's already been four weeks since I began.  Looking at my new training schedule, there will be a lot of new challenges this month - but I'm looking forward to it.  Tomorrow night we start a weekly hill run (yikes!), and in a couple of weeks we will be starting intervals.  On March 7th I'll get a taste of race day by running the Race for Literacy in Balboa Park, and by the end of the month I will be running 8 miles on Saturdays!  I can't wait to tell you all about it...



1 comment:

  1. Wow Katie, I am so proud of you. I fell off the running wagon HARD cord. I wish we lived closer! I still plan on running with you. I may just skateboard with you instead! Love you!!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete